How do I get rid of mole hills in my garden?
Moles are known for their acute sense of smell, so one of the best natural ways to keep them away is to put something in their tunnel that smells bad. Depending on what you would be happy placing in the tunnel, so ideas include coffee grounds and castor oil mixed with cayenne pepper, as well as moth balls.
What is the fastest way to get rid of moles in your yard?
Fastest way to get rid of moles
- Mole trap: A mole-specific trap is considered the most effective way to get rid of moles. …
- Baits: Moles feed upon earthworms and grubs. …
- Remove the food for moles: Moles feed on various garden insects, such as earthworms, crickets, and grubs.
Are mole hills bad?
Without a doubt, moles can locally be destructive. They push mounds of soil to the surface and their tunnels create holes and weak spots in the lawn. The burrowing results in lines of raised ridges in the ground and ugly-looking mounds of soil. They create easily noticeable trails of dead grass throughout the yard.
Should you flatten mole hills?
When attempting to prevent moles, our immediate reaction is to pat down their hills with the intention of closing their tunnels. However, moles are professional diggers, which means flattening these mounds of dirt will only waste your time because they will happily make more.
How do you get rid of moles permanently?
6 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Moles
- Eliminate Their Food Sources. Moles love grubs. …
- Apply A Repellent. In some cases, a mole repellent is an effective solution for an infestation. …
- Use Plants As A Barrier. …
- Dig A Trench. …
- Create An Unfriendly Environment. …
- Keep Your Lawn Tidy.
What is the best mole deterrent?
The products listed below are some of the best mole repellents available in each category.
- BEST OVERALL: VANZO Mole Repellent Ultrasonic.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: T Box Solar Ultrasonic Mole Repellent.
- BEST NATURAL: Essential Depot Castor Oil.
- BEST ULTRASONIC: Fretech Solar Powered Ultrasonic Mole Repellent.